Business Consultant - Finance/ICT Full Time
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is a five-year program (2019 – 2023) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia’s agriculture sector.PRISMA will improve smallholder farmers’ competitiveness and access to new markets, better inputs, know-how and technology. It will aim to achieve a sustainable 30% increase in the net incomes of a further 700,000 smallholder farming households in Indonesia by 2023 (including phase one 1 million farming households). The program operates in six provinces: East Java, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), Papua, West Papua and Central Java.
Among many sectors targeted by PRISMA, there are sectors which are not limited to specific agricultural commodities. These sectors are addressing cross-cutting issues in the market, which two of these are (1) Finance sector; and (2) Information, Communication, & Technology (ICT) sector
The Business Consultant of Finance and ICT advises national and international private sector partners on business solutions that better reach rural customers through agricultural finance and ICT products or services. He/she will develop sound business plans and manage projects using strong business analytics to optimize social impact on the rural economy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertakes data collection and research for analyzing finance and ICT market systems in selected agriculture value chain in the target provinces
- Analyses root causes of the underperforming market systems and assist in developing an inclusive finance and ICT sector strategy for agriculture commodities
- Identifies, assess and selects potential private/public partners, such as financial institutions, agribusinesses, fintechs, consulting companies, agritech, IT companies, etc.
- Contributes to the development of sustainable and inclusive business models to increase agricultural finance and ICT sector competitiveness
- Regularly uses the data and information (financial and results) from the MIS to enhance intervention strategies
- Negotiates deals with relevant private/public partners to implement innovative business models addressing constraints in agricultural finance and ICT sector
- Develops contract documents
- together with private/public partners develops detailed workplans and budgets as the basis of partnership contracts
- Oversees the implementation intervention strategies including workplans and budgets
- Monitors the progress and adjusts strategies to successfully transform the targeted value chain into a more competitive one
- Provides accurate monthly forecasting of budgets based on regular monitoring of partnership contracts and takes accountability of monthly invoicing
- Acts for the intervention partnership/s as the focal contact person
Results Measurement (RM) and Communication
- Supports the RM team to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of partnerships
- Undertakes regular impact projections for on-going and pipeline interventions
- Supports the communications team to develop learning and communication products
Reporting, Administrative and other tasks
- Contributes to regular reporting including but not limited to annual progress reports, back to office reports, monthly donor updates
- Contributes to specific gender, social inclusion, or other thematic research initiatives
- Actively participates in program learning events and capacity building activities
- Undertakes administrative tasks as required under the operations manual
- Is an active member of the Portfolio team and contributes to its team spirit and culture
- Manages any other tasks assigned by the HoP
- At least graduate level qualifications in economics, finance, business administration, marketing, agricultural studies, social sciences or an equivalent discipline.
- A sound understanding of business and economics of how finance and ICT markets work, specifically in Indonesia.
- Strong analytical mind and a flair for facts and data.
- A love for out of the box thinking
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with partners and in teams.
- Ability and experience in business plan development.
- Willingness to learn from mistakes and ability to think ‘out-of-the-box’.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia in both verbal and written skills.
- Proven work experience in finance and/or ICT industries is one of great advantage.
- Ability to manage tasks and responsibilities while in the office or when traveling to the fields
- Experience in development project is not required.
Application close on 22 September 2019.
Please apply via this link: http://tiny.cc/prisma-financeict
When submitting your application, please add “Finance/ICT” after noting the desired position in the email subject line. (i.e.: “BC Finance/ICT – Your Name)
Female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Should you experience any issues logging in or submitting your CV, or if you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
Dibuka pada 10 Sep 2019
Ditutup pada 22 Sep 2019